[T3] Hole in passenger side hood (between front hood and windshield)

Jacob Adam Schroeder jacob.schroeder at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 23:05:14 PDT 2013

So this may be a silly question, but I have a perfectly round hole through
the sheet metal on my 1972 Squareback on the passenger side just beneath
the windshield.  The size is about the the size of a dime.  It goes
straight through to the passenger compartment.  If I didn't know better, it
looks like it would be for an antenna.  However, the stock antenna is
obviously mounted on the driver's side and on the fender, not the piece of
metal between the windshield and the front hood.

I vaguely recall removing a plug from this hole before I had some body work
done years ago.  Was this a stock hole or is this something the PO likely
put in?  If it is stock, what was it for and is there a plug for this?  I'm
worried about ever getting caught in the rain.

Thank you,

Jacob