[T3] Leak under front driver side

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 15 16:05:42 PDT 2013

I would check the brake fluid level over time. However, if it sat for eight years, I definably replace all rubber hoses (especially fuel and the front brake hoses), have Jim Adney rebuild the calipers if you have the bread or get rebuilds, and go through the rear brakes. Once done remove the remaining junk fluid and replace with DOT-5. When bleeding the brakes, first go to a bicycle shop, get a pump (hand pumps be the better option, like those that mount to the frame) and see if you can get a used inner tube with good stem. Also, get some rubber glue/sealant and a brake reservoir cap. Drill a hole in the cap just big enough for the stem, cut the valve out of the tube the same size as the cap (just in case the glue/sealant doesn't seal), and glue the latter into the cap. Now you can pressurize the system which works WAY better than vacuuming the air back in! Now that I think of it, maybe you can pressurize the system and using water-soap mix find the leak. Just a thought...

B.T.W., I would NEVER drive a car after sitting for a year without confirming the brakes are PERFECT (especially with DOT-3/4), lives count on it. In the end, should solve your leak. ;)

Hope this helps!

Thank you,
Adriel

1971 Sunroof Squareback with F.I.- Located in Coastal San Diego County
Student, A.S.U. Mesa, AZ