[T3] temp gauge

Max Welton max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 22 10:46:34 PDT 2013

--- On Fri, 3/22/13, Jim Adney <jadney at vwtype3.org> wrote:

> Gene Berg has a bit of a rant about how poorly calibrated
> the temp
> sensors were. Since he couldn't find any brand that was
> reliably
> accurate, he refused to sell any. That's a responsible
> position to
> take, but perhaps a bit extreme. Even if they aren't
> accurate, they
> should still be able to tell you if something has changed.

I suppose my view is that if one is modifying one's engine, one should be able to come up with a way to determine the accuracy of the sensor & gauge.

If you can't do that, you are better off staying stock. With stock, the engineering has already been thought out.

Max Welton
http://www.maxwelton2k.net/