[T3] temp gauge

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Mar 22 14:53:57 PDT 2013

In a message dated 3/22/2013 10:52:58 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

I've never had a temp gauge, and never missed it. I've always found
the sound of the engine, coupled with the situation we were in, was
able to tell me how it was doing.

I DID have an oil pressure gauge  for awhile, but in the long run that
just seemed to cause me unnecessary  worry, since it always read lower
than I thought it should. The engine,  however, never minded.

And your neck never got sore from bending your head over to see  what the
gauge was reading either. ;-)

VW never installed those gauges, for fear that owners would worry  too much
about them.

It's like I told Joe, when my engine seized in the garage (from a  lack of
oil pressure), the engine never got hot, and had only ran maybe a  minute.
That meant, IF there was a gauge, it wouldn't have shown a temp  problem. Now
an oil problem may have shown, but it had already starved the #1  bearing.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction