[T3] engine info

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Mar 22 17:20:10 PDT 2013

Well now that Im done dancing around the room yelling "Stock"  :-)
Give me a ring, Ive been collecting parts for an alternative to that
Darksider for the past 2 years and I just keep finding more and more junk to
avoid out there.

Basically, Old stock... OEM or good aftermarket, Berg stuff, and I was about
to ring the warning bell on another Item...  The T4 world has lost the last
supply of suitable 94mm cylinders... it seems the Mahle kits, even though
they are still labeled OEM quality, are using Chinese AA cylinders and they
are JUNK JUNK JUNK!  That's what took out my first T4 build, warped AA
cylinders.  It's a good thing Russ didn't live to see AA cylinders in a
Mahle kit!

Not sure IF or WHEN they started putting them in the 1600 kits but look at
the base of the cylinder near the short fins, there are a couple fins
bridged where the Chinese logo is cast or stamped in them and its ground off
on the Mahle supplied units.

Which of the Fleet is THIS engine for?

Keith

Top Notch Restorations