[T3] temp gauge

David Yaghoubian goob at roadrunner.com
Fri Mar 22 17:54:54 PDT 2013

Like Keith I too worship my gauges. Here in the inglorious "Inland Empire"
summer temps average 95-100F, and ~110 days are frequent in July and August.
If I drive flat out on the freeway on a day like that (which for me is just
under 4K RPM at ~77mph... keeping up with the flow of traffic!) the 70 miles
to LA and/or back, the temp will slowly creep up over 210, which is the
legal temperature limit on Hwy 210. Ok I made that last part up, but I don't
like getting over 210 on the 210 so I back down to ~3-3.5K/65 mph and coax
the needle back down once or twice along the way. Without the gauges (I run
a matching VDO tach in the clock port as well) I would be too paranoid to
raise the music volume past engine level, and a powered subwoofer is a
terrible thing to waste IMHO.

Dave
68sq