[T3] Grapevine

Know One knowonelse at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 22 23:58:18 PDT 2013

> Apparently getting stuck on the
> Grapevine/"Ridge Route" one way or another --one way or the
> other--is a true California rite of passage. :)

When my '64 F100 CrewCab was at about 100k miles in the 70's the 292 V8 threw a valve into a piston. It was -repaired- at a gas station at the top of the Grapevine. That was 150k miles and 30 years ago and it is still running strong.

I have a hard imagining that a piston and valve were replaced at a gas station and it has survived the abuse that truck has absorbed. 3/4 ton dry weight camper on an already overloaded 1/2 ton truck with 6 people for over 100k miles.

Jeff '67 Sqbk + '64 F100 CrewCab