[T3] temp gauge

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Mar 23 05:46:39 PDT 2013

In a message dated 3/22/2013 8:11:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
topnotch at nycap.rr.com writes:

Bob is basically right, you can run the flat out and they wont  overheat
At least at sea level areas.  The times I REALLY need my temp  gauge is when
the boat is getting towed (towed it home in 96 degree weather  2 years
ago)or
when Im crossing Kansas or Nevada and its over 100  degrees.

Personally, I'm glad I didn't have a temp gauge in the T-34 when we left
Colorado Springs. It only got hotter during the day, until we got to
Hay(de)s,  Kansas, where it was 114 in the shade at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. We
called  it a day there, and headed for the AC. I knew the engine had to be
hot, as  even the outside of the car was. The used starter I put on back in
Iowa had  decided it had enough of the heat too, as it quit working. :O
If we had had a gauge, I'd have been nervous about the readings I  would
have gotten. But since I didn't have, I just cruised along at the speed  limit
(75mph). Like Russ used to tell us, ignorance is bliss. : )
 I never even got a flickering oil light, which told me things were  still
good in that department. ;-)
We left early in the morning before things started to heat up  again.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction