[T3] temp gauge

Dave Pallo rdavid at rochester.rr.com
Mon Mar 25 16:35:27 PDT 2013

[[[BTW, Dave P., what's the best route from Chicago (ugh) to the planned New
York Invasion location?]]]

IMHO, Bob is correct with his assessment of issues crossing the Canadian
borders. Unless you cross at 3am - you just never know if the wait to go
thru customs is 2 hours  or 15 minutes -  and you have to do it twice (in
AND out of Canada). As Clint Eastwood once said - "Do you feel lucky?" The
thing is - Bob is already near Port Huron / Sarnia, so going through Canada
will be HIS shortest route to Fairport, New York.

When Keith and I caravanned to the Ypsilanti Invasion, we went around lake
Erie via Ohio, as that was my first road trip after restoring Elwood and I
wanted to stay in the USA. There were also guys attending from Buffalo, but
they came thru Canada. If I were coming from Chicago, I would drive thru
Ohio into PA and then NY. But that's just my opinion. Google maps says it is
about the same time-wise to go around lake Erie on its north (through
Canada) or south (USA) sides. but I believe they do not account for Canada /
US Customs delays ;-)

Dave Pallo

'72 Square ~ Elwood

Fairport, NY