[T3] Tire size?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Mar 28 03:49:41 PDT 2013

In a message dated 3/27/2013 5:51:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

The 34s and 41s are both Beetle wheels. The ET may not always be
there, but I think the number (46, 41, 34, etc) always was, at least
on the late style 4-bolt wheels. I don't know about the wide 5s. The
stamps are often faint, and filled in with paint, or obliterated by
rust, so they can often be hard to find.

When I sandblasted my 64 and 65 type 3 rims that I used on my T-34,  they
had the ET 46 stamped on them (also a VW emblem stamped). There was no  date
stamp like you usually find on the 4 lug rims though.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction