[T3] Tire size?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Mar 28 03:55:14 PDT 2013

In a message dated 3/27/2013 5:51:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

On 27 Mar 2013 at 7:58, Mike Fisher wrote:

> I've used a  straightedge on all mine and they keep coming up ET41 except
> for one  set of ET34.  Jared is correct, that they are not all stamped
with
> the ET.

The 34s and 41s are both Beetle  wheels.

I always thought ET 41 where Ghia rims. Mike, are your ET 41 rims 4.5
inches wide?
I know some super beetles came with ET 41, and regular rims were ET 34,
which is part of the reason bug rims have the wrong offset for our cars. But I
 was under the impression both ET 34 and ET 41 rims were 4 inches  wide. I
guess we'll have to check other sources to be sure.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction