[T3] Tire size?

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 28 20:19:14 PDT 2013

-------------------------

1971 Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - Located in Coastal San Diego County
1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TD-T - Dog Wgn
Student, A.S.U., living in north central Mesa, AZ

> From: Bobsnotch at aol.com
> Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 23:07:24 -0400
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Subject: Re: [T3] Tire size?
>
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Adriel Rowley
> <adriel_rowley at hotmail.com>wrote:
>
> > While on the subject of tires, what is the best way to protect them
> > from the sun? Some of the new tires I have shortly got crazed and am
> > sure when I get the Squareback out here in the summer (have to!) be
> > worse.
>

> You can put tire covers on them like the "motor coach" people do, but with
> the way they make rubber today, your best bet is to keep them in a nice
> cool basement.

Hey Bob, thank you so much for the help. However, do you realize that
basements end in the West? My garage isn't that cool in Summer especially
after a long run with the Mercedes and parking it in the garage: the turbo
really warms things up! I do have a family room which is now my work and
storage room; guess I could put them in there. Some day when rich and famous
will put a A/C unit in the garage; used to be a duct going in there but
insurance was concerned but didn't consider the inch and a half gap under
the door! l.o.l.

It got so hot outside, one of the Volvo tires delaminated! :O Only been in
the eighties and was brand new. No way I can sell it with it having only
four tires, but luckily there is plenty of used tire shops. If I knew it
was going to a friend I do differently of coarse.

Thank you and take care!
Adriel