[T3] Rotors

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Thu Mar 7 17:24:43 PST 2013

Still waiting on the collision class to put the finishing touches on the
quarter panels so they can paint them with the doors and some of the last
little stuff like the glove box door and my fiberglass side scoops from my
dark side days in high school. Hopefully they will be ready to do the final
paint work by the end of the month and we can finish up assembly right after
that and get to drive it on the road and tweak it some more. While we have
been waiting we have been working on a few little things.  Our shop just got
our brake lath fixed after being down for a year and a half. The first job
was Clementine's rotors.  I knew they needed them because the last time I
drove her in 89 the caliper on the right side locked up and the rotor got
hot.  During all this work in the last three years we went through brakes
and what we didn't replace we sent to Jim to rebuild like the MC and
calipers. When I drove it around the school campus I noticed the brake pedal
pulsating if I got her over 30MPH (no one was on campus that day).  Then I
remember how hot that rotor got when that caliper froze up.  When we turned
the right no big surprise it was warped fairly good but what did surprise me
was the left one was almost as bad. Anyway here was one of them after a cut
on the machine.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4587571363551
<https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4587571363551&set=a.3757192564600.2
137522.1120060951&type=1&theater>
&set=a.3757192564600.2137522.1120060951&type=1&theater

Dennis Stiefel

72 Fastback FI MT