[T3] Throttle Valve Switch Adjustment Proceedure

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Mar 16 09:54:23 PDT 2013

For some reason I found myself looking at my TVS testing and
adjustment proceedure and noticed that I had the wrong pins called
out in part of the '72-3 portion of the instructions. I've now gone
thru the whole document and I think I've fixed those problems and
made it better throughout.

Especially for those of you with '72-3 cars that have tried to follow
these instructions, please PM me and request a corrected copy.

For the rest of you, feel free to request a copy at any time, but
note that the TVS adjustment is NEVER the root cause of any
performance problem you might be experiencing. Proper TVS adjustment
will assure slightly better gas mileage and slightly better emission
control.

The testing portions can also find faults in the TVS that can NOT be
fixed by adjustment. Some of these faults can cause performance
issues.

As always, if you get a copy of any of my instructions and find any
kind of problem with them, please let me know so I can fix it.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org