[T3] Fresh Air Vent Stuck Open (Terry Coldewey)

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Mar 16 09:54:22 PDT 2013

On 16 Mar 2013 at 8:55, Phil Hof wrote:

> It's a chore, but try taking the box out, and rebuild it.  It may solve your problems.  A few pics:
>
> [img]http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/461124.jpg[/img]
> [img]http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/456822.jpg[/img]

That's a good point, Phil. These parts are all getting old. Note also
that VW changed some of the internal construction of the box in '73,
and those parts are even more fragile. In general, I find the '71-2
parts to be more durable.

My memory is getting vague on the details, but ISTR that there was a
change in the little vibration isolators, one of which is shown in
your photo. What year are your photos of?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org