[T3] Dump Day

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Tue May 7 17:57:41 PDT 2013

Sorry ... I don't know the "personalty quirks" of the people on The
List.  I'll have to pay more attention.

Bob ... we got back to Lake Geneva (it rained on us for 24 hours from
Carlock. IL all the way) on Friday -- 5/3.

Today, I treated myself with a trip to the airplane hanger.

Objective: Attempt to remove the base plate from the Square ... BY MYSELF.

I planned to use the assistance of my floor jack to carry the weight
as I detached the base plate.
I was able to "break the nuts loose" and remove the eight, 1/2" nuts
(one-handed) that held the base plate to the axle beam with the "U"
bolts.
It worked pretty well.

Jim had installed the base plate, laying on his back, supporting the
base plate on his chest, while manipulating the "U" bolts to line up
with the mounting holes and install the nuts. I can tell you, he
"torqued" the nuts pretty good.
The installation I could never do ... one handed. I'll have to build a
jig to help me.

He did the installation last September, Bob, just before we came to
Kimball, MI for you to do your body work.  The Square "went to bed"
last fall with the base plate installed.

My apologies to The List.  Only a few of you may be interested in my
base plate installation & removal.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)