[T3] No oil pressure

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri May 10 17:34:00 PDT 2013

In a message dated 5/10/2013 11:40:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
djsanderson at telus.net writes:

Since I had no oil pressure and was not willing to continuing  running it,
so I pulled the engine out of the car and set it on a stand where  I could
turn it over with a battery and starter and look for problems. I am  assuming
that with some cranking there should be enough oil pressure to turn  the
light off. Thinking that perhaps I have made a stupid goof and forgot to  put
the gears in the oil pump I removed the cover but they were there and
everything seemed fine. Turn the engine over and the pump gears move. I then
went through a number of steps, including removing the deep oil sump (thinking
there was a pickup problem), changed out the Gene Berg oil pump cover plate
 and used a Scat version, finally swapping out the 26 mm pump and
installing a  stock 21 mm pump - none of these had any impact. There is still no oil
pressure.

Dave,
About the only thing I can think of, is that there might be an  obstruction
in the pick up tube. I had an engine fail in the garage due to the  pick up
tube getting clogged. It might be worth a look, since you've got it on  the
stand. Other than that, fill the filter, and maybe the lines too, in an
attempt to get rid of any air in the lines.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction