[T3] Chris's Mentor

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Fri May 10 17:52:30 PDT 2013

>Yes, Russ' method involved having both rocker covers off at the same time -
>which I avoid if only because if you jack up one side at a time to do that
>side, you don't get the oil dribbling out of the rocker area!

IIRC, Jim uses his floor jack under (what I call) the "wishbone" where
the tubes come together in the center of the car and (almost) at the
front-to-back balance point of the car.  That allows both of the
rocker covers to be removed, and apparently the position of the #1, 2,
3, and 4 valves to be viewed simultaneously to set the valves.

When he set my valve clearances, he was under the car, and asked my to
rotate the engine so the dizzy rotor turned clockwise(?) by 90°,
starting with the rotor pointing to #1.

Did I say that correctly, Jim?

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)