[T3] Top Dead Center

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun May 12 06:49:57 PDT 2013

In a message dated 5/11/2013 12:29:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gbforsmo at gmail.com writes:

Am I being too much of a purist?

Or is there solid evidence by converting a FI car to a carbed  car
makes it a better running vehicle?

I don't think so. But then I'm not really in a position to say for  sure 1
way or the other. I like completely stock cars, and I like tastefully  done
modified cars.

To my knowledge, I don't think so. But most people do it out of
convenience, in that carbs are easier to work on. I think a lot of it goes to  not
being able to "see" what's happening in the wires, and the mysterious  nature
of the FI. Most problems with the FI, aren't really FI problems, but  rather
problems with other parts of the car (like low system voltage, or the
engine needing a tune up, things like that). Some are just more "comfortable"
around carbs too. But, like Jim always tells us, there's a learning curve in
either system (carbs or FI), and you have to be willing to learn that, in
order to keep your car running correctly.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction