[T3] End of school year

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sat May 25 15:41:47 PDT 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org
[mailto:type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org] On Behalf Of Jim Adney
Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2013 4:14 PM
To: type3 at vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] End of school year

On 25 May 2013 at 12:31, Keith Park wrote:

> Make sure your aux air regulator is working properly too, or you wont
> have any high idle on warmup.

That's a good suggestion. To test it, pull off the hose (between the AAR and
the air cleaner) when the engine's running cold. When you stopp off the AAR,
the engine speed should slow down considerably.

If you do this same test on a warm engine, there should be no change in
engine speed.

If your AAR fails this test, I can rebuild the AAR fairly cheaply.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

The hose for that is new but I have already done this test and seems to be
fine. The idle improved after I got the distributor shaft in right. I had it
a notch off.

Dennis