[T3] No oil pressure

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun May 12 06:36:16 PDT 2013

In a message dated 5/11/2013 10:28:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
djsanderson at telus.net writes:

Greetings All

Thank you all for your supportive comments and  suggestions. Today, I put
the engine back on the engine stand and double  checked everything. It was a
comment, made by Brian I think, to examine the  oil control and oil relief
valves. I was able to get the relief valve out  without a problem and
everything looked fine. However the oil control valve  seemed stuck. After much
fiddling around I grabbed a flashlite to look in the  hole to see why it was
stuck and I saw a hole in the valve itself. As soon as  I saw that I knew what
I had done. There was a mantra that I was told when I  started on these
type 3s that suggests never throw out T3 parts and so in my  collection of
control valves there was one with a hole it the top. I selected  it based on the
profile but didn't notice the hole - a hole that I had drilled  to get it
out of a previous motor. So I put another in (one without a hole)  and lo and
behold oil pressure - lots of it.

I feel so dumb but on the  flip side I am pleased to have found the
problem. I think that the motor will  be in tomorrow and running - yahoo!!!

Again, thank you everyone for  your supportive comments. I guess the lesson
learned is to double check  everything everytime. I"ve learned a new lesson
- not bad for an old retired  guy.

I'm really glad you found your problem Dave. Now, you'll be able to  move
forward, and complete this phase of your project. It's going in for  interior
work next, right?

And that mantra holds very true, never throw out old parts, until  you're
sure the new ones work like they're supposed to. Especially type 3  parts.

And something I've always felt that rings true, you're never too  old to
learn something. ;-)

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction