[T3] Type 3 Maintenance Reference Manual

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat Nov 2 15:08:09 PDT 2013

About 15 years ago I put together a Technical Manual for our (UK) VW Type
3&4 Club - about 90 A4 (approx letter) sides, some double-sided.  Since
then, the internet has grown massively, as has my knowledge of Type 3s, and
all the other enthusiasts have their own found knowledge, and there's
probably as much again that isn't generally known, as the issue  hasn't come
up.  Producing a comprehensive publication, whether for on-line reference or
in a printable form is certainly possible, but an enormous undertaking.
Jim and Keith have their FAQs on various topics available on request.  I
feel cautious about committing a lot of time to put things in an organised
and carefully structured format on the web, though I'm sure that's the way
to go, to continue helping others after my typing fingers have seized up!

I can't promise anything, but there is a good reserve of archives on
VWType3.org to make use of, so it's something that may see the light of day
at some point.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club