[T3] Re/ Brake Hose Bracket etc

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Nov 3 10:13:20 PST 2013

In a message dated 11/3/2013 11:24:27 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org writes:

Russ was very helpful the first year
we started with info. When  he found out what we were doing he told me he
wanted to do his part to get  knowledge to the next generation. I'm sorry I
never got to meet him in  person.
Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
Rainsville,  AL

Russ was like that. He'd help anyone who needed it.

Prior to 2007, I'd only communicated with him via the internet  (this list
at first, then on the Samba). In 2007, I was going out to Idaho to  pick up
a very rusty 71 Notchback from Neil Mast. Russ told me to stop by on  my way
out, and offered to put me up for the night (it turned out to be 2  nights
out, and 1 night on my return trip). While I was there, I helped him  out
fitting and welding in a section of battery tray metal in his recently
acquired  69 Fastback (I felt it was the least I could do to pay him  back).
Little did I know that, would be the start of a friendship, that saw my  wife and
I drive out and visit him and his wife Marilyn at least  once a year, and
help him out. My wife and I spent some long weekends  there, along with a
couple of weeks vacation time, talking type 3s, general  BSing, and building
stuff over the years. Good times. : )

In 2008 at the T-3 Invasion, Russ, Jim, and Keith swarmed around a  T-3
Squareback that came in on a roll back with an FI issue (wouldn't start  and
run). It was running and driving by the time everyone left. I think they
found a broken wire somewhere in the system, and used Keith's soldering iron  to
fix it. The owner had just purchased an FI tester the day before thru the
silent auction, but hadn't any idea of how to use it, yet. He got a quick
tutorial on it's use that afternoon. ;-) But then, that's just how the
Invasions go, people helping people anyway they can.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction