[T3] Throttle Valve Switch

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Thu Nov 7 12:16:00 PST 2013

On 6 Nov 2013 at 11:24, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> Does anybody carry this switch or will one for one of the
> other vehicles mention work?  Jim do you have one?  If not who dose?

Yes, I have them.

I should add that there is absolutely no harm in running with this switch
disconnected, although you'll get slightly better mileage and throttle
response with a good one installed and connected.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

OK I may just wait till after Christmas to get that from you if that's all
it does.  It has a manual trans if that makes any differents.  I may take
one more stab at going through your help sheet.  A student and I went
through it and determined it was bad but it was during class and had a lot
of students doing different things in the shop so I was kind of distracted.
I may try again on a weekend when I'm by myself and can think more clear.
On a different subject does the tank kit you offer work on beetles?  We are
starting to work on my middle son's 71 stander beetle and I noticed it look
like it had about the same evap set up my fastback dose.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
Rainsville, AL