[T3] Further Planning

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Nov 7 20:42:45 PST 2013

In a message dated 11/7/2013 8:41:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
adriel_rowley at hotmail.com writes:

Day Four
Rock Creek to Toledo, Ohio
8 hours ''

Or like Keith mentioned, take I-70, knowing there's a section of toll  road
from Topeka to Kansas City. I want to say it was 4.75 for that stretch,
when we went thru it last year returning home from the 2012 Invasion. Then it
would be I-70 across the rest of the way with NO tolls.

I-80 across Indiana is a toll road, as is a section of Chicago, along  with
Indiana state line to Toledo, Ohio. If time isn't an issue, then you  might
want to look at going I-94 (east out of Chicago), to I-675, to I-75  south
to Toledo. It'll be a little longer, but NO tolls. The short section of
I-80/I-94 in Chicago is 60 cents (last years price).

Or start combining day 4 and day 5 together, by taking I-94 to I-69, and
head north on I-69 toward Canada. It'll save you some time by cutting off an
entire corner ( instead of going east, then going north). It'll probably
save  you at least a 100 miles of going out of your way. :O

It's Like I mentioned on the Samba, for us, we could go across Canada  (I'm
11 miles from the bridge to Sarnia, Canada, ask Gary), and save 3  hours of
drive time, but we'd rather caravan with the group (that's part of  the fun
and adventure of an Invasion). : ) Plus, we're going in a VW.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction