[T3] Further Planning

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 8 08:53:42 PST 2013

> From: Bobsnotch at aol.com
> Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 11:31:52 -0500
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Subject: Re: [T3] Further Planning
>
> Speed limit on I-70 in both Colorado and Kansas is 75. It doesn't mean you
> have to go that fast, just that's the limit. We passed a bus on a section
> of highway right before we left Colorado (entering Kansas), and he was
> probably doing 60 (we blew right by him, since we were rolling along at 75 : )
> ).

In my youth, I had a bit of a lead foot. But, now that I have gotten a ticket and
more aware how much fuel is wasted with it, stick below 80M.P.H. (75M.P.H.
limit in the desert). I know it is a limit, as Vater used to drive 45M.P.H. in the
65M.P.H. sections! :O The Volvo prefers 60M.P.H. and the Mercedes 65 to 70
M.P.H..

> I think the speed limit on I-70 in Missouri is 70 (I didn't go to far, as
> I headed north toward Des Moines, then took I-80 east), but I-44 is 70
> across Missouri. Speed limit in Illinois is 65, and sections of Indiana are 65
> or 70 depending on where you're at.

Good to know!

> But Limon to Topeka is a very lonely stretch of nothing but highway and
> fields. You break down along there, there's not a lot for miles around you. :O
> Very desolate, and unpopulated area, but you might get help sooner. Maybe.
> And hill climbing in Colorado is the norm, since you are in the mountains.

I remember it being miles and miles of nothing, but do recall traffic on it.
However, think you are misunderstanding. It is about comparison. I know
anytime I break down it will not be a cake walk like in the city. Just comparing
amounts, just like the mountains. If I remember right, Denver sits in a bowl.
That mean a climb up to Colorado Springs, then down to Denver, climb back
out to Limon and back down, right?

Thank you so very much!
Adriel