[T3] Further Planning

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Nov 8 08:31:52 PST 2013

In a message dated 11/8/2013 11:00:29 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
adriel_rowley at hotmail.com writes:

I am a bit surprised the speed limit is 75M.P.H., but that  defiantly
better than
412 in the first plan. Though, not sure she can do  that all the time as
fairly
wound out by then.

Well, if I break  down, be better to be on an interstate, right? I am not
going
to be  paranoid, just not purposely go long stretches where no homes exist
for
miles and miles.

Yep, I now see the corner cut via Highway 24,  Colorado Springs to Limon. I
don't
mind if faster, just would avoid another  hill climb and city traffic?

Speed limit on I-70 in both Colorado and Kansas is 75. It doesn't mean  you
have to go that fast, just that's the limit. We passed a bus on a section
of highway right before we left Colorado (entering Kansas), and he was
probably doing 60 (we blew right by him, since we were rolling along at 75 : )
).
I think the speed limit on I-70 in Missouri is 70 (I didn't go to far, as
I headed north toward Des Moines, then took I-80 east), but I-44 is 70
across  Missouri. Speed limit in Illinois is 65, and sections of Indiana are 65
or 70  depending on where you're at.

But Limon to Topeka is a very lonely stretch of nothing but highway and
fields. You break down along there, there's not a lot for miles around you. :O
 Very desolate, and unpopulated area, but you might get help sooner.  Maybe.
And hill climbing in Colorado is the norm, since you are in the  mountains.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction