[T3] Opposite of Terri's problem

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Nov 18 17:46:32 PST 2013

In a message dated 11/18/2013 8:10:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
pfeilmat at sbcglobal.net writes:

I will definitely keep my eyes open for a blue Bentley manual. I have  the
brown manual, minus 4 pages on the body work due to it being weathered and
the PO or PPO not taking care of it. That book was so badly damaged, binding
 wise, it is now in document protectors taking up 2 3 ring binders. I also
have  a Clymers that came with the car, and that too is in bad repair.

Now  for the other question for everyone out there: who do you recommend
for  purchasing parts in the U.S.? Mail order or otherwise. I know there is a
difference with the parts stocked, as evidenced by the Bosch Rotor v.
Taiwanese Made rotor. There was the same problems in the MG side of the
automobile world. Don't buy parts made in China or India.

If you can find a Haynes manual, that should have info on the carbs. It
won't be like the Blue Bentley, but it'll cover rebuilding them, and some
things to watch for. Plus, it might be easier to find than the Blue  Bentley.

ISP West seems to be the company of choice, but I prefer to spread my
money out among others. I'll use CIP out of Vancouver, J-Bugs, SoCal Imports,
AirCooled.net, KGPR, Air Head Parts, and others, depending on what I'm
after. ISP is more catered to type 3's, but the others have t-3 parts too  (well
those that interchange ;-)), but they also do carry t-3 parts. I'll also
look in the Samba classifieds, as I'm not afraid to use a used part,
especially since we're seeing more Chinese junk work it's way into the parts
system. Keep in mind that there's not much out there for reproduction  sheetmetal,
with floor pans being the newest item in the last 4 years.

As for other parts, contact Jim Adney, as he's got quite a bit in  stock,
like brake hoses, fuel tank over flow and vent kits, and wire  for re-doing
your original plug wires. Jim might have other stuff in stock  too, but you
would have to ask. He also does rebuilding of various parts like  calipers,
master cylinders, and other stuff that I can't remember right off  hand.
I hope this helps.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction