[T3] Opposite of Terri's problem

Matthew Pfeil pfeilmat at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 18 18:22:30 PST 2013

That helps a lot Bob.
Thanks. I will check out those sources.

I took some photos of what is missing on my carbs with a mirror and indeed, where the idle solenoid valve should be, there is a threaded hole. Makes me wonder if it fell out or was simply not installed. If I were to be inspecting it like it was an airplane, it looks to be that there was not one there for a while. The threads are gunked up with grime. No evidence of anything being installed there for a while. Probably one of the reasons they couldn't get it to tune right. Plus, there is no mixture balancing hose installed. Those ports are capped.

Fortunately for me, Kalifornia has their emissions laws in place for 1975 and on for testing. This car can do what it wants. I do need to find that idle solenoid gizmo. The two boxes of randomness that came with the car did not have one.

Matt P

Sent from my iPad