[T3] Oil weight once more

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Wed Nov 20 06:51:52 PST 2013

That might be, the Notch runs its heads at 315 with conventional oil,
I didn't connect all that up again with the synth in there but still,
VW designed it to distribute the heat with the characteristics of Dino oil,
So if the heads run cooler that is probably OK but the crankcase and oil
running hotter?  I don't like the idea, It might be OK, but if nothing else
gaskets and seals tend to cook on these cars over time with stock temps,
running 20F hotter cant help that situation much.

It's a delicate balance...

Keith

The oil ran hotter because it was pulling the heat better.  What were the
head temps?  That IS the question.