[T3] Automatic Transmission Options

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Nov 24 17:50:44 PST 2013

On 24 Nov 2013 at 16:13, Adam Douglass wrote:

> After a little better understanding it was brought to my attention
> that I killed the diff and not the automatic transmission unit. So, I
> need info on differentials to.

The two parts are pretty intimately connected, so it really doesn't
make much difference what broke. You're much better off just
replacing the whole unit.

The governors are matched to the valve bodies, so you could replace
only the diff., the governor and the valve body, but if you find a
diff. and governor, there will most likely be a matching AT already
bolted to it. Best to do the whole thing.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org