[T3] Automatic Transmission Options

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Nov 25 09:34:42 PST 2013

In a message dated 11/25/2013 12:26:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org writes:

AH I think I remember reading some old text book for auto mechanics  that
was
made before all the automatics had lock up converters.  It  said the
converter was locked up at this point. But when they started  putting lock
up
converters on cars and they really were locked up guess  they had to call it
something else.  Wow I didn't know they had that  low of a stall on them.  I
know 4 cylinder cars made at that same time  with an auto like a Pinto or
Vega had a higher stall than that.  Any  who thanks for the info good to
learn something new.

Keep in mind that a VW is a low rev car, versus the OHC cars. That makes  a
difference where you put your stall speed in place. My Geo falls into this
category too(higher rev).

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction