[T3] It's the little things

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sun Nov 10 10:54:25 PST 2013

Drove Clementine about 40 miles yesterday. That's the furthest I have driven
her at one time since she has return to the roads.  All went well at first
then I noticed a slight skipping at speeds above 65 MPH.  Then it got worse
so I turned around and headed home.  Then it got better then worse and a
couple of times it back fired while down shifting. That made me think it was
ignition and not an FI issue.  Got her home started looking at all the wires
and notices the wire from the condenser to the coil was pulled tight against
one of the clips for the distributor cap. This was starting to rub on the
wire so I rerouted the wire and wrapped some electrical tape around the area
of the wire and that seemed to fix it.  Drove it to church this morning and
all seemed fine.  Fixing to drive it again and see what else we can get
into.

Dennis Stiefel

72 Fastback FI MT

Rainsville, AL