[T3] Oil weight once more

John L. Morgan IV emailjohnmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 18:39:51 PST 2013

I know this had been covered before, but my uncle who bought my mother's vw
fastback in 1970 and drove it across Texas before it was recalled for some
issue with the side vents ( he says they were retrofitted with pieces that
attached on the side), asked to borrow my car for an outing tomorrow. We
were talking oil, and he questioned what I was using, saying it was too
light. He said I need a single vescosity oil. Now, I'm questioning it all
over again. What oil do you use and why?  As soon as I read something,
someone else contradicts it.