[T3] Fender Question

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat Oct 5 17:35:57 PDT 2013

I thought the '68s did have the wrap round indicators even in the USA,
didn't they?  I thought it was the USA safety requirement for visibility
from the side introduced for '69 that made VW fit their '69s with the older
bullet (lower-spec) indicators, as they could be seen from the side (just
about!).  OTOH the parts book mentions flashing indicators with lateral
light diffusion for '68 models (M242), so I'm not sure now.  Jim has a '69
with bullet front indicators (I had to load up the Invasion 2002 photos to
check!).

I know the rest of the world stayed with the normal wrap-rounds until 1970
when the big ones came in, along with the longer front, bigger rear lights
and other safety features.

Does the filler door have a finger hole - only needed when there isn't a
release cable.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club