[T3] EFI conversion

Max Welton max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 6 08:48:05 PDT 2013

> On 6 Oct 2013 at 1:39, Dave Hall wrote:

> > I also know a guy who put D-Jet in a Beetle, and used a diesel fuel filter
> > as a fuel sump - it has inlet and outlet pipes on the top.  Neat idea!

> Could you explain this a bit more? Where does the tank line go? Where
> does the return line go? Does the filter outlet pipe have a dip tube
> that goes to the bottom of the filter?

> I'm just having trouble visualizing how this helps.

I think Dave means something like this:

Go to this page and find where they talk about accumulator (~2/3 of the way down the page):

http://oldfuelinjection.com/?p=95

There are also a variety of weld-on solutions that look simple enough to DIY at home. I may use something like these for my type-1 KG (no stock FI variant).

https://www.google.com/search?q=fuel+tank+sump

Max Welton
http://www.maxwelton2k.net/