[T3] EFI conversion

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sun Oct 6 09:02:55 PDT 2013

I don't know the details, but I'll try to find out.  I understood he just
had it between the tank outlet and the pump, to make sure the pump couldn't
draw in air.  Maybe he Tee-d off the tank outlet and added a return to the
same point, so the return line could feed the tank or the ex-diesel filter
unit.  I think the 3-way pump connections does something like that anyway.

It was a simple way of creating a fuel sump to feed the pump - a sort of
fuel header tank.  The Beetle tank on later ones anyway was relatively flat,
like the Type 3.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club