[T3] Caliper bolt locking plate

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Oct 9 16:51:52 PDT 2013

I have a feeling I have seen a Type 3 workshop bulletin about caliper bolts
that said the ones now supplied (with caliper overhaul kits?) are 1mm
shorter and have locking ridges on the heads, and the plates are no longer
used.  I don't entirely trust my memory any more (!), but if I get a free
moment, I'll see if I can find it again.

ISTR the newer VWs have new bolts in the pad kits with a coating of
blue-coloured paste - presumably some grade of locking compound - and
locking ridges on the underside of the heads.  You have to remove the
caliper to fit those pads anyway, which is why they come in the pad kit.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club