[T3] Clementine

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Oct 25 22:10:47 PDT 2013

On 25 Oct 2013 at 23:03, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> The biggest problem is the skipping it has when you move the gas paddle up
> or down or hold it at a certain RPM. But when you hold it steady at most
> range it dose fine. Could this be the throttle position sensor?

Yes, the TPS is a definite possibility. The easy test is to just
unplug the TPS and drive the car. If these particular symptoms go
away, the TPS is at fault.

I have a faq on testing the various years of TPSs. I'll forward a
copy to you after I get home, which will be a little over a week from
now. I don't seem to have a copy of that on my laptop. Note that the
Bentley test is only good for '68-9, even though Bentley seems to
think it works for all years.

Nice video. Sounded like you were enjoying yourself.  ;-)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org