[T3] Master Brake Cylinder

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 09:48:10 PDT 2013

You can get a fluid leakage from the back of the master cylinder direct into
the tunnel if the rear seal has failed.  You will not see any fluid indise
the car, but it will drip from the tunnel drain at the rear.  There is a
rubber vent fitting if it hasn't been knocked off by contact with the ground
on a rutted track.  I would expect only the compartment that feeds the rear
circuit to continue dropping once the level goes much below the divider.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club