[T3] Brake Light Switch wiring harnesses, '70-73

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Sep 1 20:25:14 PDT 2013

On 1 Sep 2013 at 13:11, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> As an afterthought, I thought it may have been easier to loosen the fuel
> tank hold-downs, lift the tank slightly, "fish the wires thru the
> (temporary) enlarged opening, then drop the tank in place and secure it.
>  Possible?

I don't think that would have helped. The wires and the brake res
lines run down thru a triangular space that's not actually part of
the gas tank space. It's just to one side of that space.

Taking the gas tank all the way out would have made it a lot easier,
just by virtue of giving simultaneous access to both the top and
bottom end of that space. And even then it's tight.

In Gary's case, we ended up removing the brake res lines, threading
the wires thru, and then replacing the res lines.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org