[T3] Brake Light Switch wiring harnesses, '70-73

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 11:11:56 PDT 2013

Jim wrote:

With all the master cylinder rebuilds I do, it's fairly common for me
to encounter a '68-9 car that has, or needs, a late MC but lacks the
proper wiring to make it all work correctly. What those cars need is
one of the short brake light switch wiring harnesses from a '70-3
car. Except for snaking the harness thru one tight space, this is a
simple parts swap.

The harness I'm talking about runs from the MC, up thru a space next
to the LR corner of the gas tank, and then connects, right there, to
a 3 conductor connector. So that harness is only about 4' long.

I can verify what Jim said:
"Except for snaking the harness thru one tight space, this is a
simple parts swap.
"

Jim and I spent the better part of 2 hours, last year, "fixing" my wiring
harness.

Jim under the car.  Me with one hand trying to coax the 3-part wires up
thru that small opening between the fuel tank and body.
As an afterthought, I thought it may have been easier to loosen the fuel
tank hold-downs, lift the tank slightly, "fish the wires thru the
(temporary) enlarged opening, then drop the tank in place and secure it.
 Possible?

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)