[T3] So close but so far away.

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Mon Sep 2 07:08:28 PDT 2013

I agree and that's how I got into it, my first paint job was with a tiny
compressor, no tank, in the driveway.... and over the years Ive read up on
it, watched the experts (back when reality shows had SOME reality on them)
And just got out in the garage and went at it.

Now I hope Im "Tbird ready" as Ill be painting that in a couple years.  I
pulled the engine and tranny out over the weekend and it felt like I was
extracting a complete Squareback from under that hood... Whew!  They didn't
care much about weight back then did they? CAST IRON bellhousing weighs
almost as much as our entire Tranny!

I could put a hot tub in there now...  I wonder how many aircooled engines
could fit?

:-)

Keith

Don't know Keith.  I'm a mechanic not a body guy.  I have been saying for
years I need to learn to paint and sharpen my body repair skills.  This
project may give me more inspiration to do that.  I'm sick of dealing with
collision and paint guys who don't know anything about old VWs much less
ours and furthermore don't care.  I think someone said on here nobody cares
as much about your T-3 as much as you or something like that.

Dennis