[T3] 73 SqrBack..this part (cont)

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Sep 7 17:58:56 PDT 2013

On 7 Sep 2013 at 18:13, Henry wrote:

> I failed at my explanation...this piece..see photos....two on each
> side near bottom of the assembly that holds ignition housing and
> blinker stalk behind wheel. Has two "fins" on each side, fits
> in-between a metal bracket  of sorts, metal goes in-between each fin
> then bolts in place.
>
> 1
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/46873150@N02/9696677082
>
> 2
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/46873150@N02/9693934661

Okay, those parts. I'm not sure, but aren't they captive within a
larger part? If so, they would not have been available separately. I
haven't found them in the parts list yet. Once I find them, I'll be
able to tell you if they were used on Beetles, too. If so, that will
make your search easier.

I think there's little chance that you'll find them other than on a
junk yard car. I should have some here, but so far I haven't found
them. Due to the replacement of our furnace and water heater, my
basement is in a state of even greater than normal disorder. It's
going to take me a few more days to get everything sorted out again.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org