[T3] Looking for sunroof for '71 fastback

Phil Hof phil.hof at ostronic.org
Sun Sep 8 13:51:51 PDT 2013

Wow, stunning response from this group!  I thought that the rare sunroof parts would be hard to come by, but what a gold mine here!  I replied to the Samba ad that happened to be there right now as I consider this… a sign, perhaps?  I have made the offer, so at the moment I think I will be getting what I need.  If it is incomplete, I will be back asking this kind group…  Also, thanks for the advise, especially about drainage.  WIth the inevitable water intrusion, those drains will be crucial.  Are they just at front, or does another one penetrate the (foam-sealed) C-pillars?

When I first drove these cars, you could still get many parts at dealers.  Then for 15-20 years that slowly dried up.  But this list and the Samba mean it seems oven easier to get the old girls back in the game.  Hopefully I will have a chance to pay it forward.

-Phil