[T3] Dome light questions

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Sep 17 23:27:15 PDT 2013

On 17 Sep 2013 at 22:47, Jacob Adam Schroeder wrote:

> I just secured a replacement dome light (my old one broke) and once that
> comes in I can replace the fuse and have light again at night.  Next issue
> will be to confirm that the door switches work.

The door switch probably won't work, but it can be fixed. The
driver's side is special and has 4 pins, so note carefully where each
wire goes, then disconnect it and unscrew the plastic plunger. That
will let you take it apart and clean the contacts.

The passenger side is simpler and can be cleaned without taking it
apart.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org