[T3] Dome light questions

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Sep 18 06:24:35 PDT 2013

In a message dated 9/18/2013 1:31:39 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

Yes, plus on the Type 3 Ghias. Bob says this was an option, which I
didn't realize. Early squares also got a special one piece rear door
hinge cover that included a second interior light, but that was gone
long before your '72 was made.

Yes, this was an option, as I had 2 Notchbacks (early and late) with the
light missing, but the housing there (stamped into the metal), along with a
70  Fastback, with the same styled stamping, and no light. All 3 had the
switch and part of the wiring (the Notchbacks had the switch in the trunk
lid), so it was partially prepped for 1 (in typical VW fashion).

On the T-34 Ghia, the rear trunk light was standard, but then  the T-34 was
the top of the model line car. ;-)

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction