[T3] Noise from front end/wheel

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Sep 21 17:20:27 PDT 2013

On 21 Sep 2013 at 19:23, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> I think  it was Russ that told us that some of the late calipers only had 1
> bleeder  screw, but replacements had 2, so only 1 caliper was needed for
> replacement  for either side.

I don't think that's correct. The service literature even mentions
the dual bleed valves in the late calipers.

OTOH, there are replacment early calipers that have 2 bleed valves,
presumably for that exact reason. The only ones I've actually heard
of were actually Beetle calipers, with 40 mm pistons instead of 42
mm, so I don't recommend those for Type 3s.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org