[T3] Ford Ranger Fuel Pump, e2000 modifications

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Apr 14 21:03:50 PDT 2014

In a message dated 4/14/2014 3:01:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gary_gamboa at hotmail.com writes:

Thanks. So from start to finish, what's the total average time  needed to
do this?

Gary

Depending on your mechanical skill, and IF you have the needed parts,
about 45 minutes. I say that, as you'll need a can to hold the gas you drain
out, and you have to remove the "Y" out of the hard line return &
"overflow/overpressure" hoses from the stock pump. I try and move the pump to  the
center of the beam (yes, you can still use the stock pump brackets), which
means I'm adding about 18 to 20 inches of hose (so I have a nice lazy bend in
it). But, I try and replace the "return" hose from the pan to the tank with a
 new hose too, mainly because they don't get changed very often. I'd buy
about  5 ft of 5/16ths inch fuel hose (doesn't have to be FI rated), and 8 FI
style hose clamps, and just do the job. That'll be enough to go out of  the
tank to the new fuel filter, out of it to the pump, then out of the pump
to the left (driver's side on LHD cars) hard line. Along with doing the right
 (passenger side LHD cars) hard line and then straight into the tank
(return fitting).
I hope this helps.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction