[T3] Wiper motor

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Apr 20 11:00:44 PDT 2014

In a message dated 4/20/2014 1:18:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

Bob, which engine seals did you use? I can't think of anything  that's
about right, other than the O-rings for between the case halves.
Those aren't flat, so that's not an ideal solution. I probably have
correct wiper seals of both styles.

I believe they were in fact engine case half seals. they worked great for
that spot, since both ends of the wiper shaft bushing get a stainless steel
flat washer for the seals to compress against. You use 1 on each side of
the opening, per side (4 total). With the cost of a complete gasket kit being
 what they are, it's really a cheap solution. I only say that, as there's
no  drilling of the cowl required for the new larger seals that the later
cars  used, as the OD of the bushing on later cars is larger in diameter (so
you can't use the original early seals).

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction